(Off Topic:) Washi Resources Online and in N.Y. area

Hi all,

Since I was swamped with requests for that Washi list
after I posted the appetizer to the bookarts-l,
I decided to post the list here. It is by no means
complete; that would probably fill a whole book!

ONLINE:
An excellent introduction to Washi papers can be found
at Joseph Wu's Origami homepage:
http://www.origami.net/homes/jwu/Info/washi.html

Washi is available online from "Fascinating Folds"
http://www.fascinating-folds.com/
and also "Kim's Crane" http://www.kimscrane.com/
Fascinating Folds and Kim's Crane have been reported
on origami-l to be very reliable suppliers.

A japanese washi manufacturer has a website at
http://www.isop.com/index.html
However, I do not know whether they ship
papers abroad.

For even more washi-related information you might want to
search the origami-l archive by subject via the very useful
search-engine now located at
http://www.origami.net/cgi-bin/jwu/search_archive.cgi

this list was compiled for Origami enthusiasts, so not
every shop listed below necessarily has washi paper.
Origami paper and book stores in N.Y:

Kinokuniya Bookstore
10 West 49th St.
New York, NY 10020
Phone (212) 765-7766
FAX (212) 541-9335
Hours are 10AM to 7:30PM, seven days a week. English and Japanese
origami books; lots of origami paper upstairs.
New Jersey Store:
Phone (201) 941-7580
Kinokuniya also has shops in San Francisco, Los Angeles,
San Jose, Costa Mesa, and Seattle.

New York Central Art Supply Inc.
62 Third Ave.
New York, NY 10003
(212) 473-7705
(800) 950-6111
Hand-made and artisans papers

Kate's Paperie
8 West 13 St.
New York, NY 10011
(212) 633-0570

Oriental Culture Enterprises Co., Inc.
13 - 17 Elizabeth St, Second Floor
New York, NY 10013
Phone (212) 226-8461
FAX (212) 431-6695
Sells Chinese origami books and Korean origami paper

Origami Source (Origami USA Supply center)
c/o Phyllis Meth
40-05 166th St.
Flushing, NY 11358
FAX: (718) 762-2177

Asahiya Bookstores
New York City, NY at 52 Vanderbilt St, west side of Grand Central
Station between 43rd and 44th Sts.

Asian Rare Books
175 W. 93rd Street (suite 16-D)
New York NY 10025, USA
Phone: (212) 316-5334
Fax: (212) 316-3408

Barnes and Noble
near Columbus Circle
New York, NY
Lots of origami books

Chinatown Books
Elizabeth St., one block west of Canal and Bower
New York, NY
On the same side of Elizabeth St. as Oriental Culture Enterprises.
Origami books.

Crafts on Broadway
215 W 76th St Fl 2 (corner of 76th and Broadway)
New York, NY 10023
(212) 501-7320

Jam Envelope & Paper Co.
621 Sixth Ave.
New York, NY 10011
(212) 255-4593

Jos. Yavarkovsky
(212) 475-7795
Paper specialty distributers - aluminum foil, in 24" width, 1,000 feet
length

Morning Glory
A chain of Korean stationery stores. Branches in NY.

OCS Bookstore
5 East 44th Street (Between Madison Ave & 5th Ave)
New York, NY

Zen Oriental Bookstore-Tokyo Shoten
521 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10175