Samples on the Web (was: Printery for sale)

At 07:31 AM 10/21/1997 -0500, you wrote:

>These are questions of a rank beginner who has seen a platen press
>operated in a historical reenactment context but has never observed
>a fine printer at work. If I'm asking some really stupid questions
>please excuse me. Are you aware of any images of the Pilot which can
>be viewed on the World Wide Web?

Hi Bryan

I'm also a beginner, and have a pilot as my first press. I'm having a blast
with it!
It is a very managable press for a beginner, and it helps that the platen
closes only when
you pull the lever (as opposed to a press with a motor).

Tom Conlon in Hawaii has samples printed with a pilot. They are on the web at:
http://www.pixi.com/~tconlon3/printsale/printing-samples.htm

He sent me several samples on the antique card stock. They look very nice!

You just need a seasoned printer to give you a push in the right direction.
Once you're up and running, you'll be able to do some nice work with the
pilot. It's a good press to learn make ready on too.

Check out the samples. I think you'll be inspired.

Regards, Rob