Re: oversewers

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Butch Wingo wrote:

> Can anyone help me in locating a reputable company that deals in new and/or rebuilt
> oversewing machines?

Not to be too nosy, but why would you want to oversew? Unless you are
dealing with great big thick volumes with no artifactual and very little
aesthetic value (such as Chemical Abstracts) oversewing is the least
desirable method of leaf attachment for rebinding. At least that is what
the standard of the Library Binding Institute says.

C Keyes