Marbling paints

  I am trying to learn how to marble paper and not learning much, except that
oil paints aren't giving me much success. Can anyone recommend a good marbling
paint and a maybe a "How to..." book or source? I have also tried gouche and
acrylic they run right off of the paper even though I have sponged alum on it.
  I also am trying to make my own paper and would like some information on
suitable plants  and fibres and how to boil them etc. Can anyone recommend a
good book or souce for that too?

Thanks,   Melony