Watercolor paints

A wonderful reference to determine lightfastness, permanence, health risks,
and working properties of tubed watercolor paints, please see:

Michael Wilcox, _The Wilcox Guide to the Best Watercolor Paints_.

Colormen can name any paint anything they want.  I just recently purchased a
"Carmine" (generally considered a fugitive pigment) that was really a
Quinacridone PV19 (supposedly relatively lightfast).  Companies are getting
better at labeling the contents, not just giving their estimation of
lightfastness, also.