Ashantilly Press, Darien, GA.

Can anyone help? Please reply directly to the original sender...

>From: "Ann R. Davis" <anndavis@GATE.NET>
>To: <Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu>
>Subject: Ashantilly Press, Darien, GA.
>Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 21:52:08 -0500
>
>Sir:  I don't know if you have ever heard of the above small press (listed
>as one of the fine printing presses in GA), but Mr. Wm. Haynes, printer and
>owner of the Ashantilly estate, press, etc. has donated his home, press and
>etc. in a life trust to be used as an educational center.  We would like to
>get the press operational again, but the automatic feed is not working.
>Mr. Haynes says it could just be that the pump needs cleaning, but then
>again, it may need a part.  We need someone who knows something about this
>kind of press, or presses in general, to give us some advice or to work on
>the press. It is a Chandler & Price job press made in Cleveland, Ohio, with
>automatic job feeder Brantzen & Kluge R1238.  I hope this "clicks" with
>someone.  Would you please advise us where we might turn for help or ask
>your list members?  We would certainly appreciate any assistance.  Thank
>you.
>
>Ann R. Davis
>mailto:anndavis@gate.net
>

>>     In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern.     <<

Peter D. Verheyen   <wk> 315.443.9937      <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                        mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>       mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu