Re: Binary Number Query

At 08:37 04/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Working on an idea for an alphabet book. What I'd like to do is include a
>representation of  the letters in binary form. My guess is the binary form
>would be derived from the ASCII character number, but I could be wrong.
>Anyone have a clue as to where I can find more information, or a converter
>from base 10 to base 2. The last time I even counted in binary was back in
>6th-7th grade... I think they called it new math.

Well, if you just want the ASCII numbers for the letters:

a   097   1100001
b   098   1100010
c   099   1100011
d   100   1100100
e   101   1100101
f   102   1100110
g   103   1100111
h   104   1101000
i   105   1101001
j   106   1101010
k   107   1101011
l   108   1101100
m   109   1101101
n   110   1101110
o   111   1101111
p   112   1110000
q   113   1110001
r   114   1110010
s   115   1110011
t   116   1110100
u   117   1110101
v   118   1110110
w   119   1110111
x   120   1111000
y   121   1111001
z   122   1111010

And upper case...

A   065   1000001
B...  Well, if you carry on, you'll just find you simply take 32 or 100000
away from each of the lower case numbers.

Hope this helps!

Jane
Who knew her Pure Mathematics Degree would come in useful someday.

skazki@globalnet.co.uk