Re: spiral binding

Most office supply stores sell a variety of binding types.  One brand
that costs, I believe, about $30 for the least expensive type is
Velobind.  Most big box stores (Staples, Office Depot) sell the spiral
binding machines.  Quill also has them in their catalog.

You could also do your own binding very inexpensively.  There are a
variety of guick and interesting methods.  For example, you can punch two
holes, take a rubber band of appropriate length and stretch it so that
part of each end sticks up through the cover (front or back, your
choice).  Then take some object and stick it through the two ends.  The
object could be a stick a drinking straw, a chopstick, a nail, bold,
dowel, pencil, etc.  The final product would look like:

TWO ENDS OF RUBBER BAND                    ---0-----------------0---
FRONT COVER                                   X                 X
TEXT BLOCK                                    X                 X
BACK COVER                                    X                 X
LONG PART OF RUBBER BAND                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

tHE 0 = THE END OF THE RUBBER BAND STICKING UP THROUGH THE COVER, THE
----- = YOUR STICK OR OTHER HOLDING DEVICE, AND XXXX = THE REST OF THE
RUBBER BAND.

R*