polymer clay covers?

Polymer covers are really neat - I've made a few but the real expert in
this is Kathleen Amt.  Her work is illustrated in Drucker's new book on
book arts and in some of the polymer clay books (The New Clay, etc.).
It's quite superb.  In addition to just making the covers from polymer
you can do other unusual and unique structures.  All you need is some
experience working with book structures and your imagination.  For
example, I made a book with 4 pages of polymer clay.  The pages contain
the full text of my grandmother-s deathbed letter to her husband.  The
pages were put on by Xerox transfer.  I have yet to decide on the binding
however.  Another book has covers that look like a piece of watermelon
(complete with "seeds") with color photocopies of a toddler and
watermelon and similar copies of handmade paper.  The title is "Ms.
Manners' Guide to Watermelon" and the binding is coptic.  At the last
minute the front cover looked like was missing something.  I took a bite
out of the clay before putting it in the oven.  I think I had great taste!

If you need it, I can try to dig up Kathleen's address.  She lives in Mt.
Ranier, MD and has a studio in the Torpedo Factory, Alexandria, VA.

R*