polymer clay covers

This may be slightly off the thread, but does anyone have a source or
suggestions for a good knife or slicer to cut polymer clay canes? I have
attempted to do large canes to work into book-cover size, but am having a
very frustrating time slicing it thin enough & even. Kitchen knives, no
matter how sharp, don't work very well. I have heard of something called a
"tissue knife" (?). Sanding helps, but any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks!

Beth P
Painted Turtle Design