Re: polymer clay covers

>This may be slightly off the thread, but does anyone have a source or
>suggestions for a good knife or slicer to cut polymer clay canes? I have
>attempted to do large canes to work into book-cover size, but am having a
>very frustrating time slicing it thin enough & even. Kitchen knives, no
>matter how sharp, don't work very well. I have heard of something called a
>"tissue knife" (?). Sanding helps, but any suggestions would be helpful.
>Thanks!

A "tissue knife" is exactly that.  It's used by pathologist to slice human
tissue.  They are usually available from a good bead store that sells
polymer clays.  They are also available at medical supply houses.  Be
careful though, they are extremely sharp, but they are great for slicing canes.

Kathie
Rubber Angel

Paper Wings TM   PO Box 90582   San Diego, Ca  92169-2582
"Angelic Papers & Accessories to Express Your Creativity"
Catalog $2, credited toward purchase of $10 or more