Re: polymer clay covers

I have also had success using polymer clay for book covers. It works great
as a coptic bind, and the beauty of it is you can pre-punch your sewing
holes before you bake it, so there is no need for a drill or other tools.
Or you can drill it after baking, and sand it smooth without affecting the
design. To cut uniform thickness slices from canes I use a good German
hard boiled egg slicer. This gives a perfect thickness to use baby
bracelet alphabet beads for the title on the cover--they are flat front
and back.

Good luck and have fun,

Anne Bingham
University of Washington Libraries