Re: polymer clay safety

Since we've been talking about using food handling implements with
polymer clas, I would like to introduce a note of caution (again, via
Kathy Amt).  Equipment that has been used with polymer clay should not
then be used again for food even if cleaned thoroughly.  I can only
assume that this is because some of the agents in the clay are toxic and
extremely difficult to totally remove.  This would apply to cheese
slicers, egg cutters, pasta machines, and small choppers used to soften
up the clay.

R*