Re: polymer clay safety

About cleaning polymer clay cutting knives:

 With due respect to K. Ampt and Pete Starr,

I wonder where the statistics are about not being able to clean surfaces

well enough to then use knives for food preparation?  Aren't these types of

knives cleaned well enough to use again after  medical procedures (?)

and polymer clay is supposedly safe enough for children to use. ( Never too rash

to err on the side of safety, I do admit.)  "Stainless" Steel, especially,

is just that  -  if of high quality  - and would not absorb  organic chemicals.

Does anyone have additional  technical info on this?

Thanks

Lilias at Saltwinds Yankee Barn Workshop