[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Nov 1997 to 14 Nov 1997
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 13 Nov 1997 to 14 Nov 1997
- From: Monique Lallier <BKBDRS2LUV@AOL.COM>
- Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:58:15 -0500
- Message-Id: <199711160257.SAA20230@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The cross structure binding technique is a wonderful technique that was
developed by Carmancho Arregui and Italian consevator.
Claude Blaizot the owner of Librairie Blaizot organized an exhibition in
Paris in June of 96 and published a very nice and usefull catalogue
explaining the different variations on cross-structure bindings. The
catalogue is in French and English and full of good exemples of bindings. It
is a full color catalogue of the exhibition.
You can write to "Librairie Blaizot, 164 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore, 75008
Paris, FRANCE and ask for the catalogue "Plat dessus, Plat dessous". You can
write in English. I don't know the price but if you want to know about
cross-structure bindings it is really THE book that you need.
I am glad you like my binding.