[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Position open: NYC bindery
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Position open: NYC bindery
- From: Nicholas Yeager <artifex@PIPELINE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:30:31 -0500
- Message-Id: <199711171629.IAA18290@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Bindery Assistant for small edition and custom bindery in lower Manhattan.
Diverse work load requires flexible craftsperson with design sense and
interest in working with wide range of materials.
Assist with production of both edition and one-of-a-kind books, boxes,
folders, etc... This includes acquiring and readying materials for assembly
and finishing. Manufacture repeat jobs and solve production problems on
short-run and unique structures. Design ability helpful.
Run shop errands, keep supplies and materials in stock. Clean shop,
organize work and track production schedule.
At times of large production, supervise one or more workers.
Some contact with the public - politeness and an ability to communicate
Accurate measuring and cutting ability.
Basic knowledge of properties of paper, cloth, and leather.
Sewing on cords and leather thongs. Packed sewing & coptic structures.
Casemaking, box making, laced-on board construction.
Ability & willingness to work with diverse materials: eg. wood and metals.
Salary commensurate with abilities.
Nicholas G. Yeager 51 Warren St.#2 NY, NY 10007 212.346.9609