Date: Wed, 19 Nov 97 11:34:54 -0500

Subject: discolored leather
Sender: MAILER-DAEMON/Mime////////RFC-822/MAILER-DAEMON@hulaw5
FROM: africa@law.harvard.edu
TO: book_arts-L@listerv.syr.edu

--openmail-part-05a9ddfd-00000002

  One of my coworkers has a Bible she intended as a gift to her
goddaughter for her First Communion.  The book has developed some
yellowish discoloration on the cover leather.  The Bible is 'new' but
was stored in a drawer in a cardboard box (too late to regret that now)
for ten years.  It is bound in split calf, dyed a light pastel blue.
The discoloration is blotchy and not strongly defined, and shows in
places not directly in contact with the cardboard, neither is it
uniform.  It would appear to be some problem in the dye or a reaction
with the dye and the tan of the leather?  Anyone out there familar with
this problem?

 Dorothy Africa
  africa@law.harvard.edu

--openmail-part-05a9ddfd-00000002--