Re: Guarding folds

 I am looking for directions for making a simple device for guarding the
folds of leaves in books . . .  Can someone direct me to the article about
its construction or tell me what fabric was used for the hinge? It was
referred to  as the "Guard-O-Matic."

- - - - -

Directions for making the "Guard-O-Matic" can be found in Vol. 3 of the AIC
Book & Paper Annual (1984).  The article was prepared by Connie Brooks (
under the direction of Don Etherington) for the "tip session" at the Book
and Paper session at AIC.   Best of luck.

M. SHAUN McMURDIE
Collections Conservator
The Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Avenue Mall