Re: Women of the Book exhibition

Dear Friends and Artists in the Show:

I won't go into specific details now, but if any of you are planning to
attend the opening of the Women of the Book Show on Sunday 23 November from
3 - 5 or the panel discussion starting at 1:30 p.m. at the Finegood Art
Gallery in West Hills, California, please do so.  The show may not be open
on a regular basis after the opening due to security problems.  As a result,
if there is a compromise, perhaps the gallery will be open upon appointment
only or by scheduled programming such as 7 December with the Curator's
Walk-Through.  The problem of amateur-run exhibition spaces will be an
interesting one to explore after I recuperate from five days of installation
with pain and psychical terror with a group of "ladies" who have no business
"supporting" an exhibition space without support.  At any rate, I have
created a museum-quality hands-on exhibition with distinctive
characteristics that perhaps is the best show I have ever curated.  And that
is thanks to the work itself by an amazing group of women artists from
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, U.S., England, Israel, Italy and South
Africa and a wonderful preparator.  I am proud to be part of this
extraordinary event.  So please, plan to come on 23 November or make an
appointment and I'll give you a private tour if they give me the key.  Not a
pretty story, but a great show!  And be sure to see a taste of the
show--with more coming in December--on Colophon Page:
   http://colophon.com/gallery/womenofthebook

In bookness and in friendship,

Judith
Judith A. Hoffberg