Re: vellum discretion

There are two suppliers of bookbinding materials who do mail order AND
carry vellum that I know of in this country. They are:

The Bookbinder's Warehouse

31 Division St.
Keyport, New Jersey 07735-1522

Tel: (908) 264-0306
Fax: (908) 264-8266
E-mail: KarenC5071@aol.com

A complete line of bookbinding supplies, including leathers, vellum,
clasps, screw posts, brass type, bookcloth, and
book presses. Catalog available.

Bookmakers

6001 66th Avenue
Suite 101
Riverdale, Maryland 20737

Tel: (301) 459-3384
Fax: (301) 459-7629
E-mail: BookMowery@aol.com

Supplies and equipment for hand bookbinding, book conservation, paper
conservation, and book arts. Source for silk
and cotton headbands, brass book-screws, and gilding and tooling materials.

Rick also does mailorder and full information can be bound at his web page.

Rick Cavasin

68 Lightfoot Place
Kanata, Ontario K2L 3L9
Canada

Tel: 613-591-8612
E-mail: cav@storm.ca
http://www.niagara.com/~acavasin/rick/rcav.html

Handmade parchment, vellum, and tawed skins for calligraphy, illumination,
and bookbinding. Web site contains
information about parchment/vellum in general, as well as my
catalogue/price list.

>well, I say it is unfair because not everyone can live in NY!! (or wants
>to!) I wish I could find a source for vellum pieces closer to
>home..affordable.. like in Seattle. or by mail, I guess.
___
>leilx@olympus.net                                       leil james alexander
>

>>>       I love working in the library. There is             <<<
>>something to be said for working in a place bound in leather.<<

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-Request@listserv.syr.edu