Aerosol OT

Perhaps someone could explain a perplexing situation. For years I have
injected a 1:1 mixture of PVA and a wetting agent into bumped book cover
corners. Originally I used someting called Bob's Book Plate Remover as
the wetting agent. Later a product I ordered out of a catalog called
Aerosol OT. It seemed to work equally well. When I ran out I ordered
more but this time the product, a colorless liquid, had a viscus
consistency with high surface tension that didn't have any of the
properties of a wetting agent.  I complained and the supplier sent
another bottle of the same viscus gooy stuff. What am I doing wring?

--
Josh Page
email: Pagebook@eritter.net