Re: Not really bookarts, but related

The piece that Peter posted regarding purchases of rare books by film
people explains a couple of things I've observed recently. First, one of
the offerings in the Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog this year is a set of
rare first-editions, which struck me as an odd thing for a Christmas
catalog that tends to offer full-size merri-go-rounds and
designer-appointed Land Rovers. Second, at a bookfair here in D.C. back in
September, it seemed that the merchants from L.A. had the most unbelievably
outrageous items at the most unbelievably outrageous prices!