ARTbytes/CALL FOR ENTRIES for On-line Works of Art in Any Medium

>Hi, I'm Barbara Lee, an artist working with interface technology and
>Installation art. I am currently an Artist in Residence at DEC (Digital
>Equipment Corporation) in Palo Alto. My year-long project is called
>ARTbytes and consists of FOUR freestanding Cells (8x8x12' each) to be
>installed in FOUR different spaces (the Vorpal in San Francisco, the ART
>TECH: Silicon Valley Institute of Art & Technology in San Jose, and the
>Center for Visual Art in Oakland) during April '98. Each Cell represents
>a different discipline in the arts--one for Music, one for Visual
>Art/Media, one for Literature, and one for New Media.=20
>
>On-line works, in all digital mediums, from participating artists are
>necessary to the project and will be used by me as the artist in the
>larger dynamic of my installation. They form the interactive malleable,
>mutable raw material for the performance aspect of each Cell. All works
>will also be housed in their original form with the artist's caption in
>the ARTbytes on-line gallery - a permanent curated digital archive
>sponsored by DEC.
>=20
>Artists are invited to participate through your organization in the
>following manner: Your organization creates a <Link> from your Web site
>to the ARTbytes site.  This <Link> leads to a <Form> indicating
>information to be filled out by each artist i.e. the name of the
>piece(s), date of completion etc...
>
>On-line artwork is a vital and important component of ARTbytes. Please
>assist me in making this process a success by creating a <Link> and
>posting the following "Call for Entries" on your Web page.=20
>
>Thank you very much!=20
>I'm looking forward to meeting you at the opening this Spring.=20
>Sincerely,=20
>
>Barbara Lee
>Artist-In-Residence
>DEC/WRL, 250 University Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301
>e-mail: blee@pa.dec.com, 650-617-3332 wk, 650-617-3374 fax
> =20
>ARTbytes/CALL FOR ENTRIES for On-line Works of Art in Any Medium
>
>=20
>
>>Deadline:(Ongoing through March 1998):
>
>Artists can submit multiple on-line artworks via the Internet from Dec 1,
1997 through the March 31, 1998.

>=20
>
>>Contributions of contemporary on-line art in any medium are being
solicited for ARTbytes, an interactive
>collaborative Installation, Web site archive and Netcast event.=20
>
>=20
>
>Created by Barbara Lee, Artist-In-Residence at DEC (Digital Equipment
Corporation), ARTbytes uses FOUR
>body-on, hands-on, feet-on Installations, termed Cells. All FOUR Cells
(SOUND, VISUAL, LITERATURE, &
>NEW MEDIA) will exhibit in April 1998. Participating galleries include:
The Vorpal in San Francisco, The ART
>TECH: Silicon Valley Institute of Art & Technology in San Jose, and the
Center for Visual Art in Oakland.=20

>Call Four Entries=20
>
>Accepted submissions will be exhibited in their original form with the
artist's caption in the ARTbytes on-line
>gallery - a permanent, curated, digital archive sponsored by DEC. In
addition, accepted submissions will be
>used by gallery participants and the artist in the larger dynamic of the
ARTbytes installation=97they form the
>interactive malleable, mutable raw material for the performance aspect of
each Cell. On-line artwork is a vital
>and important component of each ARTbytes Installation cell.
>
>=20
>
>>Participation means:=20
>
>>New works of contemporary digital art (SOUND, VISUAL, LITERATURE, & NEW
MEDIA) will=20

>become part of the FOUR interactive ARTbytes Installations, exhibited at
THREE Bay Area galleries.

>>Artists can continue to send work over the next four months.
>
>>Artists can view gallery visitors interacting with their work.=20
>
>>All works will be housed in their original form as part of a permanent
ARTbytes web site archive=20

>sponsored by Digital Equipment Corporation.=20
>
>=20
>
>>To Exhibit your On-line Art in the material plane=85Go to the ARTbytes Web
site:=20

>=20
>
>http://artbytes.research.digital.com.=20
>
>=20
>
>This <Link> takes you to a brief <Form> in which to describe your work(s)
and enter yourself in the project.
>(i.e. name of the piece(s), year of completion, etc.) VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
All Artists whose artwork is selected