Re: Bindings

Subject: Re:  Bindings

>I am looking for an acceptable way to bind 10 etchings into a book format so
>the finished product looks like a traditionally bound book with a spine.
When I >fold the printmaking paper it gives me a VERY thick fold. Aside from
tipping in >individual papers to an accordian, I'm blocked on what else to
try.

Reply:  One technique you might consider is to attach the signature/s to a
meeting guard. The signature will move freely on the sewing. I have used this
method for a number of books with thick paper. We recently bound a diary in
this manner which allows the signatures to lay completely flat for easy
writing. In this project, two signatures were sewn on the same guard to keep
the stub as narrow as possible. A diagram is needed for further explanation.
Good Luck,    Bill Minter

Woodbury, PA
814/793-4020