Re: Removing Paint from Leather

This is not a response to the code sent by someone who probably had a
question to ask of this list.  This is, rather, a response to Cris Takacs's
query:

>I have been presented with a  books related problem.  It is removing old sign
>painter's paint from leather covered library doors.

It is not clear to me that this is a "books related problem."  However, it
may be possible to remove the ink by mechanical means.  Solvents would, if
effective, dissolve the paint, some amount of which would be absorbed into
the leather.  Not the best of all possibilities.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab
Portland, Oregon   USA