Re: grave item

>I am interested. Was type metal regarded as some kind of theological
>medium during the Letterpress Era? Font, fount. The Word.

I can't really answer this, but had to say it was the first time I had ever
heard the term "the Letterpress Era"  -- that would be, I suppose, from the
beginnings of print (in various areas of the world) until the early 20th
Century, perhaps -- and still ongoing in some parts of the world, or in
small, unorthodox studios in our own nation(s). But I think "font" with
regard to type has more affinity with the roots of "foundry" -- but
probably larger etymological relations as well.

charles