Re: problem confirmimg subscription

I'm sending a copy of this reply to the list because it will be of
relevance and interest. You are NOT alone in your situation, especially
those who have been on since day one.

What it means is that you address changed since you subscribed. This
message is coming from <anyone@INDIANA.EDU>, and you subscribed with
resubscribe yourself. This is one of the reasons I'm putting everyone
through this. For many "lurkers" it won't matter to them if they can't
post, but I also get queries from subscribers who do and get rejected
postings. I realize this is an inconvenience for many, but with 1000+ it's
become neccesary.

My apologies for any inconvenience this is causing.

Peter

At 08:38 AM 1/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Peter, I received the message saying I must reconfirm my subscription to
>the Book Arts list. I forwarded it as instructed and got the return
>message that I am not a subscriber. I then sent the confirm message
>directly to listserv@listserv.syr.edu and got the same reply.
>
>Do I have to resubscribe or what?? I've been a subscriber since the list
>was born!
>

>>>       I love working in the library. There is             <<<
>>something to be said for working in a place bound in leather.<<

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-Request@listserv.syr.edu