Ruminations and Revelations

Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see that Karyn and Paul have jumped in to discuss the outline.
I've recovered from my illness and am eager to get back to this project.

The outline has been useful as a structure to hang our thoughts, and now we
can change it. I agree with both K. & P. that we revise it. I also agree
that some typographic mention is essential to fully represent the uses of
pen-made letters. It will be instructive to us (and I hope, our audience)
as we work things like this out. We will learn, revise, select and write on
these questions right up until the show opens.

Paul suggested an essay to introduce each section. I think the proposal
will have to have the skeletal arguments we will be presenting along with
the images that we select to "sell" the show. I'm concerned that we'll bog
down before the proposal is submitted in arguing how to cut the history
pie. Perhaps we could each write an abstract that delineates our main
interests, and post them to the group. This will avoid the name listing,
and develop a pool of ideas that will be the foundation for the show. Since
both Karyn and Paul will be gone for a couple of weeks, we could agree to
post by the 19th. I would like to see the proposal shape up before the
first of February and I think we can do it by then.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.
Nicholas

Nicholas G. Yeager 51 Warren St.#2 NY, NY 10007 212.346.9609
artifex@pipeline.com