Re: Amazon.com

         R Starr wrote to remind us that small bookstores need our
business. But please remember that no matter how sympathetic we are
some of us are on very tight budgets and simply can't afford to pay
several times the price of something just to help out a store.  Amazon
gives 30% discounts for new hardcover books. I honestly can't afford to
buy them locally for full price if I can get a 30% discount online.
Same w/ many other books. I honestly can't afford to spend 30% more
just to help out a store. I'm unemployed & have financial problems of
my own. And I suspect others are in the same situation sympathetic to
the small bookstore but unable to pay 30% extra to help it when we have
financial problems of our own.
                              Love,
                                Kerrie