[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Amazon.com
- From: Darryl Baird <darrylb@AIRMAIL.NET>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:03:29 +0000
- Message-Id: <199801092200.OAA18572@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: http://www.why.net/users/rosebud
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
charles alexander wrote:
> So, I'll go to far ends to support local bookstores which treat me as well
> or better than amazon -- but I've found relatively few of those. But for
> those I have found, I send praise and thanks.
I'd like to add to this discussion that if you need older, sometimes
out-of-print books to try the interloc web site. I was recently looking for
several books to fill some significant gaps in my collection. I found
EVRYTHING I wanted, at good prices. I just had to deal with more than one
small, private dealer. Only one didn't, as yet, accept credit card orders. It
was great. I always visit the eclectic bookstores when I travel. This seems to
be the niche market that B&N and Amazon can't touch.
you can search by many criteria, I was amazed and pleased.