Re: Amazon.com

At 04:16 PM 1/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>         R Starr wrote to remind us that small bookstores need our
>business. But please remember that no matter how sympathetic we are
>some of us are on very tight budgets and simply can't afford to pay
>several times the price of something just to help out a store.
etc.

Indeed.  My personal policy is simple:  check locally first, then
elsewhere.  Natheless, concern for the fate of the independent bookseller
is a valid one.  I know. . . I used to be one.  First, it was the chains,
now the Net.  Times they are a-changin'.

Richard L. Hardesty
Typographic Design, Rising Wolf Press, Hungry Horse, MT