Re: Amazon.com

At 04:03 PM 1/9/98 +0000, Darryl Baird wrote:

>I'd like to add to this discussion that if you need older, sometimes
>out-of-print books to try the interloc web site. I was recently looking for
>several books to fill some significant gaps in my collection. I found
>EVRYTHING I wanted, at good prices. I just had to deal with more than one
>small, private dealer. Only one didn't, as yet, accept credit card orders. It
>was great. I always visit the eclectic bookstores when I travel. This
seems to
>be the niche market that B&N and Amazon can't touch.

Interloc is probably the best of the OP/antiquarian sites, and Dick
Weatherford has certainly gone to great lengths to make it so.  I would
also recommend checking The Advanced Book Exchange at http://www.abebooks.com
They are small, but growing.

Richard L. Hardesty
Typographic Design, Rising Wolf Press, Hungry Horse, MT