[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Amazon.com
- From: Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 19:24:58 -0500
- Message-Id: <199801100028.QAA19426@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I, too was concerned about the welfare of small book shops in the shadow
of Amazon.com, so I brought up the subject with a friend/bookstore owner.
She told me that Amazon.com was wonderful -- they order books from her
shop regularly! (The out-of-print ones, of course.) I never would have
imagined that response!
Of course, she's got a web presence and lists her titles on the 'Net.