[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Amazon.com
- From: Derek Lyons <elde@HURRICANE.NET>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 22:51:30 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199801092055.MAA20367@wind.hurricane.net>
- Message-Id: <199801100350.TAA19506@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
But is it actually a 30% discount when shipping is factored in?
At 04:16 PM 1/9/98 -0800, Kerrie Johnston wrote:
> R Starr wrote to remind us that small bookstores need our
>business. But please remember that no matter how sympathetic we are
>some of us are on very tight budgets and simply can't afford to pay
>several times the price of something just to help out a store. Amazon
>gives 30% discounts for new hardcover books. I honestly can't afford to
>buy them locally for full price if I can get a 30% discount online.
>Same w/ many other books. I honestly can't afford to spend 30% more
>just to help out a store. I'm unemployed & have financial problems of
>my own. And I suspect others are in the same situation sympathetic to
>the small bookstore but unable to pay 30% extra to help it when we have
>financial problems of our own.