Re: Amazon.com

Amen, Kerrie! :)

My so-called 'mom-and-pop' bookstore is run by the most rude people
you can imagine .. added to which they buy from ONE supplier .. if
that one doesn't stock it they go to NO 'trouble' at all to help
me find the book I'm searching for.  Oh, and I have the privilege
of paying at least 30% more into the bargain.  Hardly a scenario
to elicit sympathy from me.

I will always buy locally .. when possible.  I do not enjoy being
taken advantage of by 'local' businesses, however.  "Amazon" is
thriving because they provide the SERVICE and pricing folks like
me desire.

If you have a local mom-and-pop, full-service bookseller, by all
means patronize them.  You are very fortunate, and I am *very*
envious.  :)

Ron Yost
Paso Robles, Calif.