Re: Amazon.com

Kerry Johnston wrote:

>Amazon gives 30% discounts for new hardcover books.

In addition - don't forget the USED Book Stores venue.  I buy new and used
books and trade in my books reguarly (or did before I moved to the
Caribbean where this concept doesn't exist).  I have also found some
treasures like a used Timothy Barrett's book "The Japanese Craft of Hand
Papermaking" at a much reduced cost than buying new.

I think there is room for internet buying and "real life" buying.  Where I
see the internet market edging out the bookstores, is the savings on buying
newly released books or hard to get collectable books that are too
expensive in hardcover to buy, but with a 30% savings make it much more
manageable.  It's a tough one to compete against I admit.

In my case where I can't get specialty books, the internet is a life
raft...

Colette Vosberg