Amazon.com

Isn't Amazon.com an independent online bookstore?  I'd rather support
them than B&N, etc.  We are blessed where I live (Santa Cruz) with some
glorious independent booksellers which I continue to support with way
too many dollars.  However, I also order (too) many books through
Amazon.com because many of the books I order from them would be special
orders through the locals and take a great deal of time.  I balance the
cost of shipping against the sales tax that I would pay locally.  The
difference usually turns out to be very little.

Fwiw, I've never crossed the threshhold of the Crown that opened
downtown.  My small mite for the book indies.