Re: Amazon.com

Going to one store to look and ask questions and determine what to buy,
then to another store to actually make a purchase at a discount -- does
anybody really have time to do this, regardless of the ethics (or lack of
ethics) involved?

At 11:18 AM 1/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>      I fully agree w/ Art Rubino. But this is true of all shops not just
>bookstores. I really think it is terrible to go to a small store & take
>up lots of the peoples time & expertise & then go buy it someplace else.
>It is different if your shopping in all sincerity but just can't afford
>it & later see it at an affordable price someplace else. But it is
>terribly wrong to me to deliberately waste the small store's time &
>expertise just to help yourself decide what to buy someplace else. Small
>stores can't compete w/ humungous stores on prices & like I said before
>it isn't always possible for us to spend 30% more just to help them but
>if they're giving us special help & expertise then that's different & we
>should gladly pay extra for that instead of tyring to exploit them whcih
>w/be wrong.
>                                    Love,
>                                      Kerrie

charles alexander   ::   poet and book artist   ::   chax@theriver.com
chax press   ::   alexander writing/design/publishing
books by artists' hands   ::   web sites built with care and vision
http://personal.riverusers.com/~chax/   ::   http://alexwritdespub.com