Re: Embossing

To emboss one book cover (one copy only!) I carved a wood block.  The cover
paper was slightly damp when working it over the wood.  I think linoleum is
easier to carve, and maybe would be better if doing lots of covers (which
would mean continued dampness).

At 12:07 AM 1/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am trying my hand at embossing for a cover. No stamps, just free hand
>designs. What do you suggest for tools? Plus I am not sure of constant and
>equal pressure. What might I add to the finishing process to keep the
>tooling from depressing?

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State