Re: Husker Du (was Amazombie vs. Mom & Pop)

>     If'n I'm not mistaken, doesn't the name Husker Du come from W.S.
>     Burroughs' _Naked Lunch_?  Along with other such notable bands as
>     Steely Dan and The Insect Trust.  Which actually could be a pretty
>     (tangential) link to Charlie Parker.  The Beat authors were great fans
>     of jazz, and The Bird was mentioned in quite a few of their works.

>     matt

Actually, I believe I read an interview with the band that states that it
comes from a old children's game (I forget the country) and translates as
"Do You Remember?".

Bob Colby

TYPECON '98:            Oct 30-Nov 1, '98
VENUE:                  Marriott Westborough, Westborough, MA
PRINCIPAL SPEAKER:      Matthew Carter
INFO:                   Society of Typographic Aficionados
                        P.O. Box 673
                        Mansfield, MA 02048-0673
                        email: bobcolby@tiac.net, ph: 508-643-2247 (lv.msg)
                        http://tjup.truman.edu/dtr/typeconfaq.html