Re: Amazombie vs. Mom & Pop

Hi Kerrie :)

I may be wrong, but I've been under the understanding that you are NOT
liable for sales tax UNLESS the company you order from also does business
(has a real office or something) in YOUR state.  You are then liable for
state sales tax (at your state's rate) because the exact same merchandise
is available from the exact same company in your state.

I don't know if the collected tax ever winds up in the coffers of
the state to which it is due??

And, yes, I'll bet it is a nightmare for the tax people.  boohoo <g>

In any case, it's really nothing for you to be concerned with, since it
is the responsibility of the company you're ordering from to collect
taxes when they are due.

As for your marvelous :) ethics, I wouldn't DREAM of telling you mine in
such matters! <g>

Ron Yost
Paso Robles, Calif.