Re: Wooden covers?

Wooden book covers were common on European books until about 400 years ago.
Examples can be found in the rare book rooms of most university libraries
and some public libraries.

You can find illustrations in a couple of readily available books:
_Bookbinding and the Care of Books_ by Douglas Cockerell, and _Bookbinding_
by Edith Diehl.

>From:    Paul Anderson <paul@GEEKY1.EBTECH.NET>

>I've heard somewhere before that some very old books had carved wooden
>covers, is this true?  If so, where could I find more info on this?  TIA,
>TTYL!

Thompson Conservation Laboratory
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217