Re: Wood cut and Engravings

Keith,

I don't know the method by which these were printed (though I think there used
to be letterpresses specifically designed for the purpose), but I have a
number of small litho stones acquired from a commercial printer in St. Louis
that have the precision line work from old newspaper, catalog and magazine
advertisements on them.  It took a lot of work to get them off the stones so
that I could use the stones for conventional lithography, so you know they
were on there for the duration! Don't know if this helps, but it seems that it
does suggest other possibilities for your "line engravings."

Barbara H.