Re: Mailings

Susan,

Finally, a post on this list I can knowledgeably respond to!

Have you considered making a version of your brochure as a self-mailer?  It
limits the creativity you can use but can be very economical.  Guides for
designing self-mailers can be found in the book under "Postal Business Center".
Call and ask for a copy of the Quick Service Guide.  You can put inserts in a
self-mailer but it's tricky.

Also, at 500 plus mailings you might want to consider using a service (look
under Mailing Services in the yellow pages) to take advantage of bulk rate
discounts (if you're not already).  Alternatively you can do it yourself but the
yearly fees (that the mailing services pay) might be cost prohibitive.

To keep only the people on your list who are interested in receiving your
mailings--design some way to have them acknowledge that they wish to keep
receiving info.  A reply card, or even a request to send a "please keep sending
to me" to an e-mail address (Juno or another "free mail" service is great for
setting up this kind of a reply service.  It's amazing how many people have
access to e-mail.

Just a few ideas, let me know if you want more.

P.S. to all on the list--I'm NOT the guy that puts all the junk mail in your
mailbox--my services are limited to REQUESTED mailings.

thanks,

Matt