Re: Paper storage

Dear Sam,

As it happens, Len recently wrote some plans for flat files, and if you
think you would like a set, we'd be glad to send them along to you.

The basic 7 drawer flat file measures 16 3/4" x 24" x 32" and costs about
$50 for materials. The 10 drawer flat file is 24" x 32" x 48" and costs
about $100.

The flat files are made of plywood and 1" x 2"s that your lumber company
will cut for you (at a minimal extra charge). All you need is a
screwdriver (variable speed electric is suggested), a tape measure, a
pencil, and a straight edge.  ( Some additional common tools and
materials are helpful but not essential.)

The instruction booklet is 32 pages of step by step instructions with
detailed assembly diagrams plus a separate section of drawings for
cutting.  You take this cutting diagram to your lumber store to show them
how to cut the pieces for you.  There is also a materials list showing
everything you will need to build the file.

Being an experienced carpenter or even an experienced Do-It-Yourselfer
isn't       necessary. (We gave sets of plans to friends who had never
built anything in their lives to make sure the instructions and diagrams
were clear and easy to follow.) If you should have a problem, we'll be
glad to do what we can to help.

Assembly time is estimated at 2-4 hours.

We'll be glad to sent you a set - let us know if you are interested.

Sally