Re: query: Jewish sacred texts

Michael Pollak has written a number of articles related to aspects of
incunable and later printing, many of which involve Jewish texts or
printing houses.

For instance: "The Daily Performance of a Printing Press in 1476: Evidence
from a Hebrew Incunable," in _Sonderdruk Aus Dem Gutenberg-Jahrbuch 1974_
pp. 66-76.

"Some Observations on Printing in a Hebrew Text Dated 1612," in _Sonderdruk
Aus Dem Gutenberg-Jahrbuch 1976_  pp. 315-325.

"The Invention of Printing in Hebrew Lore," in _Sonderdruk Aus Dem
Gutenberg-Jahrbuch 1977_  pp. 22-28.

"Printing in Venice - Before Gutenberg?" in _Library Quarterly_ v. 45, No.
3, pp. 287-308.

Although not related to this question, Pollak is also the author of _The
Discovery of a Missing Chinese Torah Scroll_, published in 1973 by the
Bridwell Library, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.  It was
later published in book form, but I can't locate my copy right now.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab