[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
gilding edges of bk pages?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: gilding edges of bk pages?
- From: Kerrie Johnston <katydidnot1@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:31:39 EST
- Message-Id: <199801240725.XAA23462@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I'm reading "Handmade Books & Cards" by Jean Kropper. It says
that goffered or gauffered edges are very involved & usually left to
professionals (like I've always been told) but that you can PAINT the
fore edges using watercolor or gouache paint w/ a fine brush, & that
the results can add "a wonderful finishing touch that can decidedly
seperate a handmade book from the commercially made crowd."
Is anyone here familiar w/ this technique?
If so what is gouche paint? Is it available in metallic gold?
& do the results really look professional?
Thankyou so much for any help you can provide.