Re: Vatican/Archives/ Inquisition/Bible banned

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, MSN wrote:

> Vatican archives reveal Bible was once banned book
> By Jude Webber

<ROFL>You didn't know?  Where have you been?  When William Tyndale tryed
to translate the Bible into old english from Latin, he was exhiled into
Germany.  And, when he came back to england he was hung, but, of course
that wasn't enough for them.  They dug up his bones, burned them, and
tossed them in a nearby river.  Large numbers of Tyndale's Bibles where
burned, that's why only one or two copies still exist.  My favourite
quote, is one tyndale said to a clergyman:
"I will make it so that the boy that driveth the plough knows more of the
scripture than you!"

TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
                   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
             When in doubt, use a bigger mallot.