[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gilding edges of bk pages?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: gilding edges of bk pages?
- From: Kerrie Johnston <katydidnot1@JUNO.COM>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:18:51 -0800
- Message-Id: <199801250414.UAA22304@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Janice Mancinelli Sapp <JanSapp@AOL.COM> writes: "you can find shell
gold paint and paint it on the edges of a book, too. It is easier to
use than trying to glue gold leaf to the edges of a book."
Please, what is shell gold paint? Is this metallic gold
looking? & is it oil or acrylic?
Do you mean I'd brush it onto the edges & then quickly fan
the edges so the paint won't stick? Or would I wait to fan the edges?
Thankyou soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!