Re: gilding edges of bk pages?

Janice Mancinelli Sapp <JanSapp@AOL.COM> writes:  "you can find shell
gold paint and paint it on the edges of a book, too. It is easier to
use than trying to glue gold leaf to the edges of a book."

        Please, what is shell gold paint? Is this metallic gold
looking? & is it oil or acrylic?
        Do you mean I'd brush it onto the edges & then quickly fan
the edges so the paint won't stick? Or would I wait to fan the edges?
        Thankyou soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!
                    Love,
                       Kerrie