Bone Folders Winter 98 (fwd)

TIMOTHY C.. ELY
PLANETARY COLLAGE=20
1306 NW HOYT, N=B0 407, PORTLAND, OREGON, USA 97209

BONE FOLDERS=20

The Bone folder is probably the most often used tool in the bookbinders
arsenal.

In this intensive we will reshape the existing standard into a new,
personalized form that serves a variety of functions.

Basic techniques of sawing bone, carving and shaping will be taught as well=
 as
a discussion of blade design, structure and use. We will scrimshaw into the
folders adding ornament to function.

You may bring bone folders that you have and wish to shape but you will be
provided with bone materials as part of your lab fee.

The session will be Saturday afternoon, February 21 from 1:00 to 6:00 at th=
studio.

Bring a lunch if you wish, refreshers will be provided.

Space is limited to 5 participants.  Please register by FEB 11,1998

The cost is $75 plus a $15 lab fee.     Total $90.00 Make checks payable to
Timothy C. Ely.=20

Questions and reservations can be addressed to Timothy Ely at 243-6812 or e=
-
mail axt1221@aol.com.